What is Automation?
Automation or "Marketing Automation" as it is often referred to, is an extremely powerful way to automate your marketing activities.
As the name suggests, it offers a way to automate things.
You can use Automation to achieve lots of handy things automatically for you. Here's a few examples of Automation at work
- Send subscribers a Happy Birthday email every year on their Birthday
- Send an email or a series of emails to subscribers when they have joined a group
- Send a welcome email to people when they first join your group
- Send a campaign and then send another email if they click a certain link
- Update a users record when they click a certain link
- Send a a voucher to a new customer
- Send an invoice just after they purchase something on your store
Automation makes these types of actions (and lots more) easily possible in just a few clicks, and once they are setup they will keep running in the background until you turn them off.
And if all of this still sounds a bit daunting, don't worry! We've setup templates for the most common types of Automation (like sending a Birthday greeting) so all you have to do is fill in the blanks!